Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Already 2 days into work, and I have noticed some thing different this year. Is it just me or is it that all the counselors are just not into it or something? I remember last year, Elaine and I would talk about things that we thought could better the camp for our kids. Yesterday, as soon as Ayinde walked in, he just grabbed 2 cups of coffee and loaded it with sugar, and today he just had his head down at certain points of the camp. Then I look to my right to see Tonda, just sitting there and not doing much other than chatting with a couple of kids. I see Steph, and she looked like she was in cruise control, but I will give her the benefit of the doubt since this is her first day and I am responsibile for training her.

So I sit back and think just how much I need to be more transparent with my own energy to show the kids that hey I'm interested in doing this and that they can feel excited about this. It's just how much can I give, when all I need to rely on is God constantly.

I was also excited to seeing Jaime and Jessie and it brought a bigger smile to my face as I found that they will be going to our field trip this Thursday. What's cool is also that I have designated them into my group as well.

What was funny or cool or something, was how Angela today grabbed her chinese book. She decided to read me a short story in mandarin then translating it into english. This is all hoping that I can expand my mandarin skillz.

Finally some quotes of the day:
(I was collecting the kids books in the classroom)
K: Hey Tracy (one of my coordinators), this is a good book for you.
T: What's that?
K: How I Made A Friend.
T: (hits me in the leg) You shut up!
A: Hahahahaha

(In the middle of 7-Up)
Andrew: Let's take a piss break!
Phillip: Yeah I need to go do a number 1!
K: Hahahaha
A and T: Who said you can say that type of stuff?

Finally, thanks V for thinking about me when you said that stuff. I totally believe what you said is true as well.

All For Love

No comments: