Monday, June 09, 2003

Today as I was driving down to worship, I was thinking a lot about what Conehead said. I was really upset with myself this morning for arriving tardy to worship for the 2nd straight week. I was supposed to be at CBC early this morning yet I overslept. Could it be the lack of sleep I get finally caught up? We are called to be serving God with a joyful heart. Yet lately I feel like it's more of an obligation to due certain ministries. Like finally I can say, preparing to teach Jr. Church now has been too time consuming. Today, I felt like all I did was waste their time because I didn't prepare anything today. Then their is the upcoming CBC Tournament, despite being in charge of the tract table, I feel like I haven't done much. I know maybe I haven't prayed hard or consistenly enough for this ministry. I think I may have over estimated how much we really need God's power to get this thing going. Today, was probably the first time that I said, that I can't wait till my term is up for Jr. Church, the CBC tournament is over, along with the CBC Retreat. It's been already hard enough trying to organize the CCUC preparations as well. All I can ask for is restoration right now so that I can serve Him with a joyful heart once again, and not be burnt out by serving.

I look forward to this week, because I feel like I have some time for myself. Kind of selfish for me to say as well. It was nice to just sit back and relax to see 2 Fast 2 Furious. I gotta say that I love this movie as much as I like the first one. It made me think about how I can't wait to purchase my new baby, make some modifications to it, redo my garage, and race it around to see what it can do. What I've been doing this past week was trying to look for an open field or a big enough parking lot where I can test my car. Also this movie brought back some memories of some of the greatest races I've had:

Grand Prix GT vs. Red Chevy Truck - This was going down on M-53 freeway, where he kept swerving both lanes so that I couldn't pass him. So I did the unthinkable, I lead him to the left side of the lane, then quickly cut all the way over to the right and driving on the shoulder just to pass him. Why the shoulder? Well he saw my move and tried to force me into the walls.

The Great CCUC Race of 2001 - This race included 4 other cars as we left Chinatown on Saturday night. If you had a helicopter view, all you could see was 4 cars going a 100 mph plus, zig zagging through their ways on I-290 and I-294. It was wierd because I didn't want to race these chumps, but everyone in the car encouraged me to do so.

92' Tempo vs. Cherokee - Yup you heard it right, a Tempo, but boy did I push that car a lot harder to the point where I could get the needle stuck all the way down on the speedometer. This was on a rainy day along I-69 and this Cherokee comes along for a challenge. My sister was in the car with me, and as he passed me, he cut right in front of us, and then slammed his brakes. I lost control of the car and was about to spin out onto the shoulder. However, I regained control and sped up to catch that sucka. My sis got scared, but once I passed him, I gave him the stare down and he gave me a thumbs up for the sign of respect in getting out of that situation.

Grand Prix GT, and Durango vs. Spyder, and Corvette - This race going up on M-53 started off me vs. the Spyder, and Corvette. My sis was driving her car and then decides to jump in this 3 way rumble. I had no idea what she was doing, so since I felt their were too many cars to race without my sis getting into trouble, I did something which I don't usually do. I tried to force the Corvette, and Spyder to exit on to 23 mile to finish this off so that my sis can continue driving M-53 by herself. However, only the Spyder followed me and the Corvette continued on M-53 to race with my sister. It just bugged me when my sis tries to do this type of stuff because she doesn't know what to do. Plus she can easily wipe herself out of a race with that tank.

Winter Storm 2001 - Boy this was a dumb one, I was racing against a station wagon in blizzard like conditions. I saw a move I wanted to make as I was trailing him for most of the way. Then bam it happened, I lost complete control, and did a couple of spins, flew off the ground a little along I-696, and slammed into the median. During this time, it was a complete humbling experience for me, as it was stupid of me to try to pull that move thinking it would of worked out the same way on a summer day. The tough part was going to court, but God is just and forgiving because my fine was lowered by a lot.

Toronto 2000 - This was just a melee along 401 as I was driving the Durango with the family inside the car. My dad was completely asleep, my sister thought it was the coolest thing, and my mom woke up because she could hear how loud I was pushing the Durango to go pass the 100 mph marker.

Orlando - Miami 2000 - Just like how 2 Fast 2 Furious portrayed the freeways of Florida, it is very accurate. What I love about Florida was that their were no potholes nor as much construction to slow me down. I remember, that my dad and sis were asleep as usual. My mom, woke up as she heard me push our rent a car (LeSabre) to the limits and beyond. My dad gave me what he thought was a time table of when we should get to Key West by. So I looked at it as a time race, the goal/objective was to get to Key West asap. My mom kept yelling at me as I was pushing past 100 mph along I-95 just so I can beat the time limit.

ACA Race of 2002 - This actually ranks up there for the stupidest race I've had. Elaine and I drove separately from WCCC, and we raced alone I-94 going past 100 mph to see who can get to the ACA building first. What was dumb was going at that speed, while we both had children in our cars. Now I'm confident in my driving abilities, but what if something did happen and some of our day camp kids got hurt or worst. Their would be a major law suit on ACA, myself, and Elaine. I learned my lesson from last year to be sure not to race in the same situation.

Their are plenty more, but due to time limits I'll leave off with that. Anyone wanna race along I-696 for fun?

Uh Huh

No comments: