Thursday, June 12, 2003

Dang it, I need to learn how to use this upgraded blogger now. Anyways that last entry was suppose to be yesterdays. What I learned today in BIO or what has been discussed this whole is something that I just totally zone out. The first topic was all about PMS, and boy a lot of women in the class were just voicing out their opinions and how men don't know what they go through. My first thought was hmmmm go blame Eve, then the whole lecture got more and more R rated so I just tuned out. Then the lecture moved on to sexual reproduction, so of course finally I got into this lecture. Then after 5 minutes, I decided to tune out because I had more fun doing that then listening. Then I saw my current grade in the class, and it dropped a whole have a point and I was like uhhhh man I gotta subject myself to listening more now.

I haven't gotten a chance to blog about this, which is the NBA Finals. I really hope this series plays out all 7 games, despite how much I don't like the Spurs. I really admire Kidd, Martin, and Jefferson. Of course my first unit of just watching/studying players are Francis, Kobe, T-Mac, and Iverson. Kidd though heads my 2nd group of guys that I love to watch. I always study his passes and I often wonder if I see the same things he sees on the court. I love how he dominates the game without even having to score 20 points or more. I love K-Mart because I just love his all out emotion, he is just pumped and ready to go every time he is out there, and he gets the crowd involved. I love Jefferson because he just soars above the rim to throw it down and he shows no fear attacking the rim.

Today, we had our b-ball meeting to discuss about our individual decisions. It really got me thinking how much I miss one of my closest friends in high school, Shiju. I met him my junior year at Stevenson, during gym class. My first thought was, this kid best get off my court then he ripped it right out of my hands and schooled me. I studied his moves, and then we played together, and we formed one of the most solid backcourts at Stevenson. Nobody wanted to go through our press we had. We both considered ourselves the top defenders at school. We both have great respect for each other.

With that respect from b-ball, it took our friendship off the court even stronger. We were strong friends, and teammates on and off the court. We had a unique bond with one another. We played ball 24-7, when we weren't playing pick-up at Dumars, Metro Hoops, B-ball City, Warrener Park, Stadler Park, Macomb Gardens Park, etc.... we would study each player's moves and discuss how we would go about defending that person. People thought of us as the dynamic duo, as I was compared to the Batman and he was the Robin. Which naturally fit because I was a year older and his personality is more of a quiet demeanor. I remember one time, he tried to share Christ with me, but I blew it off as I kept telling him that b-ball is what we need to focus on now.

It's kind of funny how things changed now. I haven't talked to Shiju for almost a year now, but he sees and tells me that he is thankful of how much I've changed. We went our separate ways once he graduated, as he was more into his relationship with his girl, while I continued to improve myself as a baller. I miss those times that he and I played on the court. I remember when we played in leagues together, we'd have a side challenge for each other. The challenge was to see who can lead the team in steals after each game, I loved that because it pushed me to play 100% every play to beat him. Then their were those times that we spent just hanging out with each other. Those times progressed into playing 1 on 1 against each other, to continue to better each other as a player. I miss my ol' pal Shiju, and I hope that God continues to look after him and his family. Man I miss those days on and off the court with him.

Good Guy

No comments: