Thursday, June 26, 2003

The last 24 hours have been kind of crappy, their were few things that made the day brighter. However, all in all it was a very humbling experience today. First let's start off with last night, with yet another discussion of the fate of the CBC Pistons. I remember when people all agreed upon that this CCUC tournament was a outreach first ministry. You would think a team with all believers can be a light on the court. Or possibly a team with majority believers does not necessarily mean we are all strong in our faith but yet lift one another up. You think would think that tournament which says on their form as the theme says "promoting an atmosphere of fellowship and friendship among Christian athletes and fans" that our fellowship team would be ok to go into Chi-town. Or even as representatives as CBC, you think it this team would be able to enter the tournament without a shadow of a doubt, because we have majority CBC people.

However, that is not the case unfortunately. People seem to only look at the talent, in terms of "oh that is too strong for a C team." We've had teams in the past that were similar to this, and it's like hmm that saying don't mean a thing without that ring. Well if C is so easy then where oh where are the championships? Because of all this drama and politics, it lead me to one point to do 2 things. First was, I just wanted to hand in all my CCUC letters and just quit, not bothering helping out anymore. Secondly, this also crossed my mind as well, I just don't even want to go anymore. This whole event was suppose to be a fun event for everyone all the way from Friday to Sunday. However, it has lead to some of us to stumble in our faith. I mean do people even realize the end result of their meddling. I keep asking myself just how do some teams pass, while ours fail.

Which pretty much leads to this team's fate. We will play B, not because we WANT to, but because we HAVE to, in order for us to stay together as a body of guys who have a special bond with one another that all of us would do anything to stay together. After a day of cooling off my temper, if this is our fate, then I'm ready to push myself to play hard, and to try and keep the faith.

Which leads to today, I walked into ACA way early for work. I came in early because all my kids who do come early wanted to battle me in a Pokemon battle. I walked in, and Viotta told me to go into the computer room. I thought it was a trick, and Viotta kept questiong my disobedience to her. The whole time I kept wondering what was up, then it turned out to be a surprise. The surprises came walking out, and it was Crystal and Henry! I was so excited to see them back for this field trip and to only find out that they will be going to all our field trips.

However, again that seemed to be the best news of the day. We went to go strawberry picking in A2 Jr. Today I noticed again, just how relax some of us were as counselors almost to the point that I would say, that we all got kind of lazy today. I even got yelled at by Tracy, but she saw the cause and not the effect part. As Day Camp came to a close, and all the kids were leaving. Tracy and I had a long talk about the responsibilities of us as counselors. Let me tell you, it was a very humbling talk, because maybe I haven't been as good as a counselor as I thought this year. A lot of my weaknesses were pointed out as well along with other counselors that she pointed out. Tracy gave me the heads up, that tomorrow their will be a staff meeting, so that every counselor can be re-evaluated.

Tracy kept talking about how last year went so well. The credit was given to Elaine, which she did do a great job, as well as that we both worked/discussed things outside of ACA. I told Tracy how hard it is this year, due to the fact that we have a lot of people who come in and just clock out as soon as 3 or 4 shows up on the clock. After some time of just reflecting and evaluating my ownself, it's easy to say, but I need to step it up a notch then. Last year, I could coast through things because I had Elaine to cover me, vice versa. This year, I'm left alone to really do majority of the work and I can't rely on anyone. I need to work on my weaknesses because I don't like to even think of the thought that I failed as a counselor to these kids. It sucks that I'll have to sit in that staff meeting just to listen again, at what I feel is what a crappy job I've done. However, may I use it to also challenge me to do my best.

When Love and Hate Collide

No comments: