Saturday, June 07, 2003

Well I would of blogged last night but due to the fact that Rich and I were up to 5 a.m. today playing Dynasty Warriors 4, I wasn't up to it. So an interesting thing happened to me on Thursday on my way to class. I'm on Tienken at the intersection of Rochester Rd. This lady, pulls right next to me and she didn't turn because that lane is for turning on to Rochester Rd. or turning into the gas station. So once the light was green, I drove off in my jolly way, then she cuts me off. I was like uhhh what the G just happened here. So then I figured well if she wants to play or race with me then all she could of done was just ask. So I decided to go on my jolly way by tailgating her to death. Eventually she got annoyed and slammed on the brakes, boy people are like dumb because I predicted her every move. As she slammed the brakes on, she gave me the "your number 1 sign" and my reaction of course was, I just simply waved hi to her and smiled. Once we were on Adams, I past her and again she believes that I am number 1. I realized that she was some fat mama, so when she looked at me, and gave me another encouraging sign, I smiled again and blew her a kiss. After that she decided to slow down because she wanted no part of this. However, at the next red light, I just stared her down since she was next to me. Yeah, I tell ya, people challenge or start something on the road but then don't finish or back it up. Sheesh, and oh kids don't try this on the road ;)

Now this next entry is to all of you who want to be a homeowner or think that it is easy. All I want to do at home is just live in peace, ya know to all my neighbors, don't bother me and I won't bother you. Last year, the complaint in the sub about me, was that I didn't mow my lawn enough. So this year, now that I do mow it, to make all them mothercanuckers that live on my street happy. I find yet another complaint yesterday. After I had finished mowing the lawn, my next door neighbor, Al comes over as I just gotten out of the shower to talk about his complaint. His complaint is that I leave too much mowed grass on my property and then the wind blows it to his.

So now I am thinking ok, last year y'all didn't like me because I rarely cut the grass. Now this year, I do a better job of it, however, I don't cleanup as good as everyone else. Al begins to talk to me about how he is frustrated about it, and then he dissed my landscaping by mentioning how everyone has nice lawns. Then Al made a bad mistake, he revealed too much about himself, by letting me know that he is the President of the Homeowner's Association. So I'm thinking ok Mr. Perfect Lawn, I took Al to my basement window, and played my trump card. I showed him how my window is cracked, yeah I wonder how it got that way? Yup, that pretty much shut Al up because dang it, he may have the perfect lawn, but his kids ain't coming clean on this one.

So now I'm thinking man how do I be the light in this situation. So I bit my tongue, and asked Al if their was anything I could do to clean up. So I spent which was like my life, doing 3 hours of lawn care just for good ol' Al. I learned a few things while doing this. I learned how fricking this neighborhood is because dude they got tabs on when I am in and out of the house. So I guess I gotta do a little homework on my neighbors. Al also told me whoelse is on the Homeowner's Association in my neighborhood. I also learned that I too can join their little pow wow meetings. This is important to me because now I will know just which other son of a guns in my neighborhood that have been complaining.

I look forward to joining the meetings, but why go to meetings where people don't like my lawn. Well, ya know the saying "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer" that applies here. Gosh everyone in this whole neighborhood only cares about how their lawns has to be so perfect. One of these days I tell ya, I'm gonna host some sort of carnival because it's my lawn. Al talked about how I can't put fenses up, well whoever said about putting about booby traps in the backyard. Boy I'm gonna have fun playing war games on my own street.

These Arms

No comments: