Tuesday, June 24, 2003

I walked into work today with mixed emotions. I was the first counselor there and I saw the names on the table so I got first dibs on which one I want. However, I was bummed because I didn't see names that I wanted to see on it. Then my disappointment quickly changed as Emily came up to hug me right away. As we all had to introduce ourselves to all the kids, the chants of my name began lead by Phillip and Anna. I felt as if I am The Children's Champion once again.

I have Shuang still who I still have yet to figure out why she picks me as her favorite counselor. I give her these least amount of attention but yet she always clings to my arm. This year, she wants to be called by her english name, Sarah. But she said it was ok for me to call her my little Shuang Shuang still.

Then I look across the room and see Michael with his little brother, David. It's funny seeing Michael back because he was one of my many Pokemon last year. Whenever I said skull bash attack, he would just propel himself head first into one of the other counselor's stomach.

I am also building some friendships with Ling and Angela, or actually Ling said I can call her Ling Ling. I'm so excited also to see Jessie and Jaime tomorrow because their mom is teaching the class a science project. Gosh I miss those two so much, and I still remember when their parents invited me over to get to know one another better. Then I found out that Cathryn and her sister are coming with us this Thursday to go strawberry picking! They are the only peeps who talk back to me, and it's in cantonese, but it's all good.

At first I was also kind of bummed when my hours got cut short. Then I thought about it, and see how I am still getting more hours than anyone else at this point. I've also been favored a lot in my opinion because my coordinator has given me 2 free prime rib dinners at some steak house in the D, and now she is offering me 20 free tickets to the Tigers game this Friday! I told her to offer it to the kids first and if none are taken, any 5:14 peeps wanna go?

I know a lot of us complain about our jobs and what not. But honestly I must be wierd or something but I love my job. I love my job so much, that even on those days where I am scheduled to get a day off, I have decided to still work despite not getting paid. Like I said before it's never been about the money to me. I love going in on Monday's being the first one in and by Friday knowing that I am gonna be the last to leave. I love how everyone has labeled Sophia as my Sophia that she will be coming soon too. I love that everyone can joke about my tears that I wept from last summer when she left camp. I love my job so much that I don't even call it a job anymore but a ministry to me that God has blessed me with.

Time to call it a night and get ready for another day of happiness and joy!

Dirrty

No comments: