Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Ok so today, I kept telling myself that I was gonna have a good day. I wanted to avoid the case of the Mondays. I had everything planned out, go to class, do some yardwork, work out, and work on CBC and 5:14 stuff. However, it didn't go that way, instead just chilling in IST, I leaned my chair to the right to see what Nichole was doing on her webpage, and then pop lock. My knee locked itself up yet again for the 3rd time in 3 months now. I just put my head down and kept asking God why, why can't I stay healthy for at least one month. I made an attempt to drive home, and as I did, it just felt like my plans for today went down the drain. How do I stay positive and continue to remain faithful to God?

So I got home to grab my crutches, only to go back to school to take another BIO quiz where I knew nothing about the subject matter. I went home, to only continue to eat pain killers, and ice my knee. I played some video games, and then laid on the couch to keep wondering why, why now? Then things started to happen....

I get calls from people about the CBC tournament, God knows we are praying for teams and it started happening. Yet I was upset because in my condition, even I began to wonder if I could heal that fast to be able to play. However, I was happy teams were calling because this is all for God's glory.

I played some more video games, only hoping that I can heal fast enough to play. Then my mom called me, and asked if I wanted to go looking for my baby for a better deal. So I decided to go, and as I got off the couch, I was able to limp around the house, semi-painful but no crutches. So I go to Noonan, to check out what deals they had to offer, an hour later, I am now the new owner of the 2004 Grand Prix GTP. However, I'm kind of down that yet I still have to trade in my old car next week in order to acquire my new one. So now I'm thinking ok, bummed knee, we have some teams interested in the tourny, and now I have signed and sealed a new car for myself, this day might not be so bad after all.

I get home, to watch Game 7, and congrats to the Devils. My cousin, Derrick comes over to play DW4 and we watched some Raw together. I limped him out of the house, and then without even thinking, I straighten out my leg and I am all of a sudden able to walk normally. Now I'm thinking, wow can I heal fast or what? The first time took 4 days to heal, 2nd time took 6 days, and now the 3rd time only 12 hours to heal. Now I can only hope that I don't reinjure it before this week's tournament.

Now while I'm able to walk, I sign online and I got a chance to talk to someone, who I'm very happy for to see where she is in her life. Hmmm, she wants to be known as Frodo, hahaha, but yeah we talked for an amazing 2 hours. I keep wondering if we've talked that long when we first knew each other. Anyways, the things Frodo was saying, was just a big encouragement to me. I just want Frodo to know that I will continue to pray for her, because God has answered my prayers so far.

So now my day looks like this, healed knee, a 5th team for CBC tournament, a new car, and a great talk/fellowship with Frodo the X-Man. God works in mysterious ways, I tell ya.

Leave A Light On

No comments: