Saturday, June 28, 2003

You Are Romans
You are Romans.


Which book of the Bible are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Today was the first time that I worked, but not at the restaurant, at ACA. It felt wierd because I kept thinking the whole time that it was Thursday today. All in all, work went pretty well today, didn't have that staff meeting as anticipated. I noticed today though Tracy did challenge me even more by leaving me in charge of more things while she stepped out. I laid the law down with my kids and for the most part they did a good job.

For the past 2 summers, I always had the kids play this game that I made up. It's actually pretty affective too, I call it Pokemon. It's where I am the trainer and the kids are my Pokemon and the other counselors are Team Rocket. This year, I told myself that I will not play that game because my kids literally beat down some of the counselors last year. However, today things changed and it was due to Tonda and Stephanie calling themselves the famous "Tickle Monsters", which lead a rebellion by all the kids to attack them. They were looking for a leader and they all came to me looking for orders on how to take down the Tickle Monsters. Well, all the kids literally tackled both of them down, Tonda was pinned down with one kid doing some sort of sumo splash on her, while Stephy was brought down to her butt. Here's the convo's of the day:

S: Go get Kenny!
Emily and Jenny: No, he's our trainer!
S: He's brainwashing you.
E and J: No you are because you're evil.
K: Hahahahah
S: Go attack him!
E: No, he's my owner.
K: Hahahah
Michael: Can I skull bash both of them now?

Boy it's so hard not to play Pokemon now. Today was also a day of stinky, with one kid doing a # 2 but missed the toilet. Shen-Lin made me check David's butt by literally pulling his shorts away from his butt to look for poop stains. Man that was nasty!

I also had to take care of my Ling Ling, gosh she is so adorable, yet her hormones have started a little too early. She was crying to me today because Tracy confiscated her Game Boy. It's been wierd this week already with those who cry, they always come to me to take care of them. It's too bad Ling Ling ain't signed up for next week. She is a lot smarter than I thought when it came down to battling our Pokemon today.

Man, gambling is such a bad way of self-control, well maybe just for me. I kept thinking, well if I lose, I know I will want to play more to win it back. Then again, if I kept winning, which was the case today, I will want to play more. So it's like in a mindset, it's a no win situation, although it was fun to come out $60 richer today. It makes up for my $65 dive I had over Christmas break.

Finally I got to see a Tigers game at Comerica Park! I'm thankful to God for just blessing me with such a wonderful boss who gives me free stuff. Boy, this game had more fans than what I see on TV too. It was nice to watch fireworks too afterwards. All in all, it was a nice experience and had great seats to enjoy the game with wonderful friends as well.

Young Gun

No comments: