Sunday, June 23, 2002

Today I thought was gonna be a slow day at work due to Gus Macker in downtown Lapeer. Every year I would go down to watch and see who plays. I often recognize some people that I played against over at the Lapeer Rec Center. I decided not even to bother this year as there is no one there that has yet to impress me. Moving on to today's Dumb Customer of the Day Award and boy were there a couple of good ones. I decided to select this lady that I answered the phone. She asked me a question and it was " do you have green tea ice cream"? Like hello does this look like fricking Baskin Robbins to you lady. Also one of Misty's friends came in and I think his name is Seth. As soon as he walked in I just wanted to fall down and laugh. I'm sorry to be mean but it goes back to people up there thinking they are down or thinking they are from Detroit. Seth, straight up white boy, with this phat gold chain around his neck, his pants kind of sagging, with a bandana. Now everything was ok but the bandana had to go. Why? Because number one it was plaid, who the GG wears a plaid bandana. Number 2 it matched his plaid shirt, and I mean exactly matched. Misty keeps defending her friend saying that Seth is a great dresser. So hmmm after that, I must hit her up with point number 3, a guy who is a great dresser is how do I put this, ummm gay. What was funnier, was like Seth ordering his food, instead of sounding like he was talking ebonics it seemed more like he needed Hooked On Phonics. Misty was mad at for the rest of the night for knockin on her friends. Man I just can't get over that Halloween outfit Seth had on. Ok but seriously, I do need to be a better witness at the restaurant. I'm just having a prob with people who hmmm TLC put it best in one of there songs called "The Case of the Fake People".

Tonight I'm glad to hear from Bing as we had a long talk about CCUC and how he is doing after heart surgery. I really praise You, Lord for just helping him to a speedy recovery. I'm glad that I got close connections at CCUC through Bing. It's just really amazing to me how God's power was revealed through Bing's surgery and accident. I'm glad now that I truly understand everything that went on the past 8 months. Discussing the tournament with him, he gave me some new things to consider on which direction I wanna go for myself at this year's tournament. Listening to Bing sharing what's been happenning in his life lately has been a learning experience for me. That experience is trying to understand that life is more important than sports, yeah it's struggle for me still as you can tell. Also to help with this learning experience, watching and listening to the death of Darryl Kile today was just a sad story. He was one of my favorite pitchers when he was an Astro back then. Man life is short, I guess I gotta live the moment.

My Little Secret

No comments: