Friday, June 28, 2002

Today was looking on the up and up, till I got to soccer in the evening. And boy did I played like crap but that was the least of my worries. After that as we were departing from the field, I went to my car and started the engine. The only thing is that it didn't start so luckily Alan was still there to give me a jump. This was the first time this has happened to my car. So I had two options, either go home and switch cars and head back down to Rich's house to work on the CBC flyer or just go straight to Rich's to work on it. So I opted for just heading straight to Rich's. We finished the flyer and it looks kind of sad because we're not that artistic, but I leave the house and bam the battery is dead again. So we try jumping it and it was a no go. Gosh I can't believe this had to happen now, so now I have to wake up super early to take care of this thing. The thing I'm thankful for is that it is not at ACA otherwise I'm not gonna be expecting my car to be in one piece by the time they tow it.

And today was the first week of work at ACA. It seemed like patience was running low on Elaine with her kids as she had to practically bribe them to behave. I guess I lost a little tolerance today too with Stephany because she is just so demanding. She is the type of kid that always ask why, what, when, and where on a constant basis and she has low patience if she is not the first person so I had to give her a lecture about it. And now with the first week done, as counselors we can decide which group we want to work with, young, middle, or older kids in elementary school. I punished a lot of kids at my table (middle) this week and hence it would seem I'm the bad guy like Allen put it. Allen thinks that if I continue to be the bad guy then everyone will like him. But he has to realize that we are here to teach these kids and not win a popularity contest. And now I'm stuck in a jam of which group I wanna teach next week. I wanna teach the young (K and 1st)_ because my favorites from last year are in there Jennifer, and Sophia. Jennifer is the only remaining 3 of my famous Kung Fu girls of last year. Sophia is a favorite of mine because she always tells everyone that I'm her best friend and I'm her little Pikachu.

However, there is the older group (5th and 6th) and I feel like Crystal has fallen in love with me as her favorite counselor today. And my favorite from last year is there, Wei. And I'm getting to know Nancy and Jessie better and all 4 of these girls are always willing to help me out. However there is Jimmy who is probably this year's bad boy of the group I would have to work with. I'm leaning more to teaching this group because I really love working with the girls but I think I can straighten Jimmy out as well. And I really love just talking to Crystal, she even prayed for me during lunch today so that I didn't have to pray. She gave me a big hug before she left today to lean more towards her table and be the counselor there for the remainder of the session. And she was excited to bring her Bible in this Monday so I can share some things out of the Bible with her. Again she doesn't leave till 4:30 and technically I am off of work at 3 but staying with some of the kids till 4:30 is just so rewarding and I don't get paid for it but I don't care because I love these kids too much to do it for the money. It was funny too with Crystal as she left she wanted me to go with her family to go swimming. I thought that was cute and again it's nice to be repected and loved by these kids although I feel like I am the bad guy since I punish them more than any of the other counselors. I just can't wait already to go back to work on Monday!

Let Me Be

No comments: