Tuesday, June 18, 2002

Well starting this week will be the beginning of my jam packed summer now. Today was VBS, although I'm not doing as much as I did in the past years, it's always a joy to see so many kids at CBC. And everyone was praying for about 80 kids, and I remember Sunday's count was 60 something. However today, I took a look at the attendance and praise the Lord because there were 96 kids who came today. Here's a gripe that I have with a certain Elder and another person though at CBC that I totally disagree with. Whether this gets to them or not, I could careless because I've shared this with them last year and took matters into my own hands. For kids, who don't have Bibles that come to VBS, these two people talk to the kids and try to get them to purchase a Bible from CBC for $2. Now don't get me wrong $2 for a Bible is a great deal. But here's the thing, the kids they are trying to get to buy them are like in 1st and 2nd grade! Plus some of them aren't even believers and I doubt they have jobs already. So that means they would have to ask there non-believing parents for $2 to purchase a Bible. So if I was a non-believing parent, I would think that is kind of shady. This problem occured last year, and I'm glad that a lot of the assistants felt the same way. So Rich and I collected money from everyone that was in D-Ship and purchased about 12 Bibles to hand out to kids for free. And I can see this happenning again this year as well. So it's time to get down and help these little kids out and purchase a Bible for them.

Also this week, I am suppose to head down to the ACA to meet the group of counselors I'll be working with this year. I'm glad that Ayinday is back because I thought we made a great team as counselors and he shows a lot of interest in learning more about Chinese culture. Another plus is that majority of the time he didn't like the lunch being served which was chop suey and that meant more food for me, woohoo! I'm interested in meeting this new girl, Elaine because my coordinator wants me to train her. I guess she is a cantonese ABC from U of M for all I know. Another thing I'm glad about is, that one of last year's conselors' Mike was not asked to be back. So many times last year did I want to lay the smackdown on his fat booty but it wouldn't look good in front of everyone if I did that though. The reason is because, he would draw perverted pictures and share it to some of the kids or he would physically wrestle with them but took it a little too far and he injured a couple of kids last year at Belle Isle. Ooooh big tough guy picking fights with elementary kids. Hopefully I'll be working with more competitent people this year.

Well tomorrow evening is v-ball, another lackluster night of v-ball should I say. Peter said he'll be back this week so and along with Wa. Which isn't bad, but the Cheung sisters are coming late! Kin should be playing too hopefully and the same goes with David. Phil and Howard are already guaranteed to be there. Hopefully Mei and Lindsay will play this time, and unfortunately Ting-a-ling can't make it. But I'm wondering Lord, is there gonna be some sort of challenge on Tuesday nights from here till CCUC that will push everyone in that gym to be better?

Dragon's Heart

No comments: